Now that the Data Protection Act 2018 is in force we have updated our subscription model. You can sign up to follow this blog by entering your email on the left. You can also withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.


Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Children's Education Advisory Service - Help With Moving Schools

Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) is a tri-service organisation funded by the MOD. It was established to provide information and support to Service families and eligible MOD civilians on all aspects of the education of their children in the UK and overseas.
When children move frequently from one school to another or between different educational systems obtaining appropriate provision can be complex.

CEAS provides information and advice as well as supporting parents at meetings with schools, local authorities, at tribunal etc. No question is too small or too large for us to deal with. If we don’t know the answer ourselves we usually know someone who does. All of our staff have considerable experience of advising Service parents on a wide range of issues regarding Service children’s education.

Contact CEAS
The CEAS Helpline is manned from 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday. At other times, or when the helpline is busy, messages can be left on the answer machine or sent via email. Please ensure that your name, the name and date of birth of the child (if appropriate) and your contact details are left slowly and clearly.

Children's Education Advisory Service
Trenchard Lines
Upavon, Pewsey
Telephone: 01980 618 244 (Military 94 344 8244)
Email: enquiries@ceas.uk.com 

Fax: 01980 618245 (military 94 344 8245)

Moving schools can be difficult; there are a number of issues you may need to think about before you move.It is advisable to start planning early to give more time to resolve problems. 
If your child is at a critical time in their education, i.e. GCSE, AS or A Level years, you may be able to retain your house in Service Families Accommodation. Contact your housing provider for further information and we can advise you further. (Carillionamey 0800 707 6000. Option 3) 

Find out details of schools in the new location; contact the local HIVE, who produce education Fact Sheets and will have information on the local educational establishments. Moving school packs are available to help you support your child when moving from one school to another, both in the UK and overseas.

Many schools now have their own website. If possible, arrange to visit schools, inspection reports do not tell you whether the school will be suitable for your child. Inform the old school (if appropriate) that your child will be moving, this helps their planning (do not worry, if you do not move you will not lose your place in the school).